Ladle Weight Management
This is an online 12-week weight management programme run by the Nottingham City Council.
Nottingham City GPs participated in a successful trial of Ladle over the summer 2018. 50% of those who finished lost over 5% of starting body weight during a 1-month trial period.
Your GP can refer you if your BMI is over 25, and you meet the criteria below.
You must complete the referral form below to gain free access. Complete the referral form to answer questions to check eligibility. Lessons and activities can be accessed anywhere with internet access, via a smartphone, PC or tablet.
Participants can start the course immediately. It consists of 48 bite-sized lessons (usually accessed over 12 weeks) in the form of audio clips, activities, visualisation exercises and recipe selections. Features of the Ladle digital weight management course include:
- ü A focus on meal composition, portion sizes, planned eating and being active
- ü The psychological approach to behaviour change addresses emotional eating, hunger tolerance, slips and body image
- ü Users can track progress using goals and weight tracking
- ü Weekly motivational emails
- ü Aged 18-65 years
- ü BMI ≥ 25 kg (Healthy Weight Calculator)
- ü Not pregnant
- ü No diagnosed eating disorder
- ü Have not been advised by a doctor to avoid losing weight
- ü Have regular access to the internet
The course is open to all eligible patients registered with a Nottingham City GP or living within Nottingham city boundaries who are motivated to lose weight and complete the course.
Telephone the surgery for more information, then simply come back to this page and click on the link below:
Ladle referral form
And don't forget to enter the code: NTZGB